Welcome to the City of Seven Points, Texas' official website.
SEVEN POINTS, TEXAS is on State highway 274 twenty miles northwest of Athens in the far northwestern Henderson County. The largely residential community grew up in the 1960s after the construction of nearby Cedar Creek Reservoir and was incorporated in the 1970s. The population was 224 in 1980. In 1990 the population was 723, and the community had spread into Kaufman County. By 1992, the community had a bank, a post office, and a reported population of 1071. the population has reached 1445 in 2010.
Seven Points is a city in Henderson and Kaufman Counties in the U.S. state of Texas. The population was 1,455 at the 2010 census.
The city is named for an intersection where seven roads converge. These are not Old West wagon trails, however; the town did not exist until nearby Cedar Creek Reservoir was built in the 1960s, and was not incorporated until the 1970s. The seven roads consist of two state highways (three directions), a farm-to-market road, and three county roads.